Monday, January 23, 2012

Girl needing advice on her marriage.


Below mail I got few days ago is referring to me as 'adviser of Islam' which I am not. After reading I found many things remained unclear about what she really wants from an 'Islamaphobe' like me. So, without mentioning full name, I am just presenting mail's content:
Dear Adviser of Islam,

Kindly please advise me,..... I am not in my peace of mind when I was made known from my husband that he actually has a wife before me. My husband is a born Muslim from South Africa who work in Thailand and been married to Thai women who is not Muslim. I believe its inter-marriage as he always avoid me asking him about his marriage with her. As I know that Muslim man is allowed to married a non Muslim lady without converting if this lady come from the book people(Christian or Jews) but not someone from a Magian (Zoroastrian) woman or a communist woman or an idol-worshipping woman, etc. I strongly believe that she practice her worship and also participate in the activity.

My worries now ... now that i knew the situation and I have also informed my husband the rules to his marriage in Islam. He is always there with her as his income is there. Can I still be his wife ....... or should I leave him. Please need your advise firmly base on Hadith and Sunnah so that  am able to rely this massage clearly to my husband. I dont wanna be part in this sin.

Regards,
N.......
nora-ni-------.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reply:

Dear nora-ni,

I am not sure what kind of advice you are looking for. Considering that you are a Muslim girl, you should not have problem with that marriage as you yourselves wanted your future actions to be based on Koran, Hadith and Sunna. It is true that  Muslim men can marry women from the faiths like Christianity and Judaism, not vice versa. Koran explicitly stated this.

Koran also commands that Muslims give the choice between  Jizya  and conversion to Christians and Jews only while giving idol worshipers the choice between death and conversion. Nevertheless, the choice of Jizya was later extended to Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists and Parsis based on Sunna that Mohammad accepted Jizya from Parsis.

May be the similar extension was given to other women because in India Muslim men routinely marry Hindu girls who have fallen in to trap of multiculturalism and pluralism blah blah....

So, you take your own decision.

By the way, if you want to communicate further you should know that I have least respect for Islam, Koran and your Sharia.

regards
k-i-d

No comments: